August 17-20, 2020
Funded by the New Jersey Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF), the Bridge to the Doctorate Summer Institute targets rising juniors and seniors in any Rutgers University EOF program (New Brunswick, Camden, or Newark) . The Bridge to the Doctorate is a 4-day virtual workshop to explore the pathway to obtaining a doctoral degree. The goal is to cultivate interest, encourage exploration of the PhD, and introduce students to the McNair program as a vehicle for institutional support of their graduate school aspirations.
- A matriculating undergraduate junior or senior
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Enrolled in any Rutgers University EOF program (New Brunswick, Camden, or Newark)
- Interest in learning about graduate school opportunities
- One-on-one graduate school coaching to support your exploration of opportunities.
- Receive a stipend to cover the costs of educational materials (recommended books) and supplies needed while participating in the summer institute.
- Exposure to a wide-variety of graduate and professional degree programs
- Engage in a virtual community, network and build connections among peers with shared aspirations and graduate students across disciplines
- Engage in workshops that help you to imagine yourself in graduate school, walk you through the process of graduate school admission, expose you to different ways to pay for graduate school, and identify your next steps.
- Explore graduate school options.
- Emphasize the possibilities and benefits of graduate education.
- Demystify application processes for graduate school.
Apply early space is limited! The deadline to submit your application is July 24 by 5pm Eastern Time.
For questions about the Bridge to the Doctorate Summer Institute please contact email@example.com.